Everything we try to accomplish with the Jefferson Avenue Youth Ministry is built around 5 specific goals.
- Spiritual Growth: It is our primary goal to teach and encourage the youth to continuously grow spiritually. Christ needs to be the primary focus at all times.
- Family Relationships: We need to stress the importance of Christ in the home by encouraging parents to participate in all areas of the ministry and by planning certain events focusing solely on the family.
- Fellowship: Young people need times to get together and enjoy the company of others in a safe and positive environment. This will help build a strong bond of friendship and accountability.
- Evangelism: The program will never grow if we fail to use our God-given ability to spread the Gospel and invite others to join us.
- Service: There are always those in the community and in the church family that need assistance in some way. Whether it is helping with an activity to maintain the church building and property, raking leaves, cleaning for a shut-in, or going on a mission trip, we have to be ready at all times to serve.